Choosing a school: the parents' guide
Finding the school where your child will be happy, challenged and given opportunities to thrive both academically and creatively is no easy task. From reading Ofsted reports and making the most of open days to the right questions to ask, we offer lots of information to help you make the right choice.
- Handy help choosing a school
- School starting age and deferred entry explained for parents
- Reading primary school Ofsted reports: teacher tips for parents
- What is the equal preference system?
- Your guide to choosing a secondary school
- Choosing a secondary school: 10 crucial questions to ask
- Types of secondary school explained
- 10 common secondary school application mistakes
School appeals step-by-step
Information and advice to support parents through the appeals process for primary and secondary school places.
- Primary school appeals: a step-by-step guide
- 'Help! My child hasn't been offered a school place!'
- School admissions appeals forms: a step-by-step guide
- School admissions appeals panel hearings: a step-by-step guide
- What is the 12+ / 13+ late transfer test?