Key Stage 1 SATs
Our worksheets cover all the core topics that your child will be tested on, such as number problems, place value, number bonds, polygons and pictograms in maths and writing composition, high frequency words, distinguishing between homophones and legible handwriting in English.
On 30 March 2017 the Department for Education launched a consultation to propose making Key Stage 1 assessments non-statutory (so schools could choose whether to adminster them or not). The Y2 SATs would be replaced by a new baseline assessment for Reception pupils; KS2 SATs would not be affected.The consultation does not affect 2017 KS1 SATs, which will go ahead as planned.
You can access our KS1 SATs Learning Journey, with 48 subscriber worksheets and activities to help your child revise all the Y2 objectives for English and maths the fun way, or download KS1 SATs past papers and KS1 SATs ‘mock’ papers. Please note that all official KS1 SATs past papers are "old-style", as administered to children before the changes to the curriculum.
A beginner's guide to Year 2 tests, the KS1 SATs success pack explains everything you need to know about how your child will be tested, teacher assessment, SATs levels, how the results are used and why you don't need to worry! You'll also find 26 activities to help support your child's learning at home with games and fun, so get your SATs preparation started today.
In order to cover all the learning objectives that your child is required to have mastered by the time they sit their Key Stage 1 SATs test (in the summer term of Year 2) we've put together a revision course of worksheets that cover all the core topics covered in the tests. Either work through the worksheets in order or pick those worksheets that cover topics where you know your child needs some extra help. There is also a KS1 SATS Learning Journey checklist.
Our hugely popular SATs eBook is back in its fifth edition. SATs: Practice Makes Perfect has been written especially for all parents whose children are due to sit their SATs. In plain, straightforward language it tells you everything you need to know to help your child prepare for their exams, covering both Key Stage 1 and 2.
The first part, written for parents, contains a complete guide to SATs, answering every question you may have about these important exams. The second part includes study skills worksheets, SATs worksheets, practice questions and marking guidelines.
Until 2015, papers produced from 2005 onwards were still used in schools every year to set the tests for students in Year 2, so most official KS1 SATs papers were for teacher-use only (apart from 2003 English and maths and 2004 English and maths papers).
TheSchoolRun subscribers also have access to five complete sets of KS1 practice exams for maths and English, written to replicate the format of the new 2016 tests; answers are included so you can work through your child's paper together.
- KS1 maths practice test A / KS1 English practice test A
- KS1 maths practice test B / KS1 English practice test B
- KS1 maths practice test C / KS1 English practice test C
- KS1 maths practice test D / KS1 English practice test D
- KS1 maths practice test E / KS1 English practice test E
Pre-2016 style practice papers are also available to subscribers:
- Key Stage 1 SATs Maths practice papers A / Key Stage 1 SATs English practice papers A
- Key Stage 1 SATs Maths practice papers B / Key Stage 1 SATs English practice papers B
- Key Stage 1 SATs Maths practice papers C / Key Stage 1 SATs English practice papers C
- Key Stage 1 SATs Maths practice papers D / Key Stage 1 SATs English practice papers D
- Key Stage 1 SATs Maths practice papers E
- Key Stage 1 SATs Maths practice papers F
- Key Stage 1 SATs Maths practice papers G