SATs Year 2
Key Stage 1 SATs take place in the summer term of Year 2 and are compulsory.
In this section of the site you'll find lots of resources to help you support your child at home as they prepare for the Year 2 SATs, including information on how KS1 SATs have changed, what areas are tested in the KS1 SATs, SATs action plans, SATs revision skills and how to understand SATs results.
There are also KS1 SATs past papers, specially-comissioned practice papers and problem-solving exercises.
You can also check out our unique KS1 SATs revision programme.
In order to cover all the learning objectives that your child is required to have mastered by the time they sit their Key Stage 1 SATs test (in the summer term of Year 2) we've put together a revision course of worksheets that cover all the core topics covered in the tests. Either work through the worksheets in order or pick those worksheets that cover topics where you know your child needs some extra help. There is also a KS1 SATS Learning Journey checklist.
A beginner's guide to year 2 tests, the KS1 SATs success pack explains everything you need to know about how your child will be tested, teacher assessment, SATs levels, how the results are used and why you don't need to worry! You'll also find 26 activities to help support your child's learning at home with games and fun, so get your SATs preparation started today.
Until 2015, papers produced from 2005 onwards were still used in schools every year to set the tests for students in Year 2, so most official KS1 SATs papers were for teacher-use only (apart from 2003 English and maths and 2004 English and maths papers).
The new-style KS1 SATs tests reflect the new national curriculum and were set in schools for the first time in May 2016. The official past papers are available to download for free from TheSchoolRun:
TheSchoolRun subscribers have access to five complete sets of KS1 practice exams for maths and English, written to replicate the format of the new curriculum tests; answers are included so you can work through your child's paper together.
- KS1 maths practice test A / KS1 English practice test A
- KS1 maths practice test B / KS1 English practice test B
- KS1 maths practice test C / KS1 English practice test C
- KS1 maths practice test D / KS1 English practice test D
- KS1 maths practice test E / KS1 English practice test E
Pre-2016 style practice papers are also available to subscribers:
- Key Stage 1 SATs Maths practice papers A / Key Stage 1 SATs English practice papers A
- Key Stage 1 SATs Maths practice papers B / Key Stage 1 SATs English practice papers B
- Key Stage 1 SATs Maths practice papers C / Key Stage 1 SATs English practice papers C
- Key Stage 1 SATs Maths practice papers D / Key Stage 1 SATs English practice papers D
- Key Stage 1 SATs Maths practice papers E
- Key Stage 1 SATs Maths practice papers F
- Key Stage 1 SATs Maths practice papers G
Our hugely popular SATs eBook is back in its fourth edition. SATs: Practice Makes Perfect has been written especially for all parents whose children are due to sit their SATs. In plain, straightforward language it tells you everything you need to know to help your child prepare for their exams, covering both Key Stage 1 and 2.
The first part, written for parents, contains a complete guide to SATs, answering every question you may have about these important exams. The second part includes study skills worksheets, SATs worksheets, practice questions and marking guidelines.