This policy (together with our terms and conditions and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
We collect information about you for three reasons: firstly, to process your order, secondly, to submit your competition/prize draw entries (when applicable) and thirdly, to provide you with the best possible service.
We may send you information regarding the progress of your order by email. We may also occasionally make our mailing list available to other trusted third parties. Please select the appropriate option when sending personal information to us if you would prefer not to receive offers or information from other relevant companies. Alternatively, please contact Customer Services with your email address and user name and we will ensure that none of your details are passed on.
The type of information we will collect about you includes:
- full name
- email address
- ages of your children
- topics of particular interest to you
Other information we may keep:
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, blogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent.
The information we hold will be accurate, relevant and up to date. You can check the information that we hold about you by emailing us at
. If you find any inaccuracies we will delete or correct them promptly. The Access to Information Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
All personal information will be held in accordance with our internal security policy and the law. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
If you entered the site from a link from another website, a cookie may also be set to help us determine the effectiveness of the campaign.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Jade Creative Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting our Customer Services team.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
If you have any questions or comments about privacy, please email us at