Could you have a budding journalist at home?
Your child will learn how to read, understand and write newspaper articles throughout primary school, and it's a fun activity to support at home. Try these for starters:
Different types of non-fiction texts
Confused about recounts? Got your instruction text, argument text and information text mixed up? Read our parents' guides:
- What is a non-chronological report?
- What is an instruction text?
- What is a recount?
- What is an argument text?
- What is an information text?
- What is persuasive writing?
- What is an explanation text?
There are lots of types of non-fiction text for your child to explore, and there lots of ways for you to get your child excited about different types of texts at home. How about these: