Engaging With English
Wish your child loved books as much as the TV and games console? Engaging with English is packed with ideas to make four classic books come to life. You and your child will enjoy every moment of having adventures in a deep, dark wood, organising a Gruffalo party, investigating your family tree, creating a photo-story, making a park scene in a box and discussing metaphors and similies – yet all the activities are designed to support literacy learning as detailed in the national curriculum. The books you will be reading and discussing are:
- The Gruffalo by Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler
- Stick Man by Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler
- Voices in the Park by Anthony Browne
- Looking after Louis by Lesley Ely and Polly Dunbar
Our Parents' Guide to turning a reluctant reader into a literacy lover also offers suggestions to help you understand why your child might not enjoy reading, and what you can do to help them fall in love with books.
DOWNLOAD THIS RESOURCE INSTANTLY
with a 14-day FREE trial!
- Thousands of English, maths & science printable and interactive resources
- Weekly learning plan for your child
- Downloadable learning packs & workbooks