Space and shape
From learning the names of 2D and 3D shapes, to calculating area, you'll find lots of space and shape worksheets here to help support learning at home, including horizontal, vertical, perpendicular and parallel lines, tessellation, measuring angles, shape nets, reflective symmetry, language of direction, calculating the perimeter, calculating the areas of parallelograms and much more.
And you'll find even more great activities in our Primary Geometry: Shape and space pack.
The tricky part of geometry, for many children, is the large amount of geometrical vocabulary that they will need to learn, remember and use correctly. This pack covers all the important concepts with 70 pages of information as well as lots of tips and fun activities that will help your child recognise shapes, measure angles and calculate area and perimeter with ease.
In your Primary Geometry: shape and space learning pack you'll find:
- Essential vocabulary
- Shape and space tips for parents
- 2D and 3D shapes
- Turning through angles
- Looking at cubes and cuboids
- Writing directions, clockwise and anti-clockwise
- Pentagons, hexagons, octagons, nonagons, polygons, decagons
- Cylinders, cones and spheres
- Carroll diagrams
- Perimeter and area
- Pyramids and triangular prisms
- Nets and cubes
- Right-angled triangles and equilateral triangles
- Isosceles triangles and scalene triangles
- Rotating shapes
- Using a protractor
2D or 3D?
If your child needs help remembering the names and properties of 2D and 3D shapes, have a look through these fun worksheets: