Two great KS1 English Booster packs
Our booster packs cover all the main iteracy topics your child will learn in KS1.
The Year 1 English Booster pack covers all the main literacy topics your child will learn in the first year of KS1. Just one worksheet a day will offer a fun revision session to help them with their handwriting, phonics and punctuation – and why not let your child organise a little party to make the 'writing for purpose' activity even more exciting?
The Year 2 English Booster pack covers all the main literacy topics your child will learn in Y2 – perfect to help your child prepare for KS1 SATs at the end of the school year. Writing 'Missing' posters for favourite toys, devising menus, reviewing books, filling story treasure chests, teaching aliens to brush their teeth and more – this learning pack is bursting with fun activities to boost literacy.
The Year 1 and Year 2 English Learning Journey programmes each consist of 40 worksheets that roughly match the order that your child is being taught topics at school during the year. Work through them in order to be sure your child keeps up with all the core areas of learning they need to have mastered by the end of Year 1 or, if you are a subscriber, we'll send you an email every Wednesday with recommendations for a worksheet to complete that week. There are also 24 fun worksheets that we'll send you during the school holidays!
Want to know if your child's Year or Year 2 learning is on track? Get your child to work through the Year 1 and Year 2 English Progress checks and you'll be instantly be able to see where there are gaps in their knowledge.
Discover great learning packs to supports KS1 English
- Handwriting patterns playbook – improve your child's handwriting by practising common writing patterns.
- Phonics games – ten games and activities to help them put their new phonics skills into practice at home.
- Word puzzles for KS1 English – each one covers a different concept that your child will learn in English lessons.
- Have fun with spelling – practical and effective strategies to help support your child’s learning at home.
- Engaging with English – lively and original ideas to help bring four popular children’s books vividly to life.
Using hilarious ‘links’ to help your child remember how to spell any word, Thinkalink! eBook will take them from mixing up letters to spelling even the most difficult words.
Spelling enthusiast Sir Linkalot will show you and your child how to create quick and funny rhymes that put the letters in a word in the correct formation, making them far easier to remember. This fantastic book is packed with more than a thousand links to get you started, and a super simple guide to creating your own.