Your child will do lots of phonics learning at school – so why not use games to help them put their new skills into practice at home? Our Phonics games learning pack, created by a KS1 teacher (and parent), offers ten games and activities to choose from. Everything you need to start playing, from instructions to game boards and a sound die, is included in your download – print off your bingo counters, sharpen your pencils and have some fun!
Your Phonics games pack includes the following games:
- Saying it slow Encourages your child to blend segmented sounds.
- Tricky word bingo Helps your child identify and read tricky words.
- Sound snap The fun way to practise vowel vowel digraphs and split digraphs.
- Sound memory Play with sounds to help your child revise the ones they know well and practise those they find trickier.
- My very first crossword A grown-up game for newly confident readers and writers!
- Nonsense names! Help your child use their phonics knowledge to make up wonderful-sounding names.
- Roll the sound die Using the sounds they have learnt, can your child try spelling some simple words?
- Matching blends A game to cement your child's understanding of common two-letter blends found at the beginning of words
- Lucky dip Can your child write some (real!) words using the lucky dip sound cards?
- Crazy bingo Nonsense words don't mean anything – but you can still read them using phonics decoding skills! Help your child practise with this game.
DOWNLOAD THIS RESOURCE INSTANTLY
with a 14-day FREE trial!
- Thousands of English, maths & science printable and interactive resources
- Weekly learning plan for your child
- Downloadable learning packs & workbooks
FREE for 14 days then £5.99/month