The Nursery and Reception Activity Book
This bumper eBook of carefully crafted, interactive activities is ideally suited for parents of children in the earliest stages of their education. With 60 bright, entertaining and beautifully illustrated activities, all with easy to follow guidelines, this book is perfect for getting 3-5 year olds on the road to learning fun.
In The Nursery and Reception Activity Book, you will find activities that require nothing more than some quality time with your child and objects you have lying around your house.
The activities are grouped together by 10 themes – from dinosaurs to the farmyard, via nursery rhymes and ‘people who help us’. Each activity is beautifully illustrated and comes with any accompanying worksheets or other resources (like board games) you might need to make the most of it.
Everything is laid out and explained simply, so that as you ‘work’ through the activities you will always understand how to go about enjoying them and exactly what your child is getting from each one.
With the emphasis on fun, interactive activities that we can enjoy with our young children, The Nursery and Reception Activity Book is packed full of brilliant activities, games, songs, rhymes and more to make learning a real delight.
Your child won’t even realise they’re learning so much as they go on a dinosaur hunt, make a colourful farm animals collage, create a summer fruit salad, set up a role-play pet shop, or choreograph a dance for your family.
Every section in The Nursery and Reception Activity Book has a theme, including Dinosaurs, Families, Minibeasts, Nursery Rhymes, Seasons and many more. The themes have been tested out and hand-picked as ones that will resonate well with your child and immediately engage them in the simple activities.
Each theme contains six activities linked to Development Matters and Early Learning Goals, so that you know exactly how each new activity actually benefits your child’s learning at nursery and school.
- This is an engaging, practical book. Every section is packed with simple play activities to start with your child right away.
- This eBook will help you maximize your child’s emotional and intellectual development.
- Each activity is very short – they won’t take you all day (unless you want them to!) – and uses common household items.
- The first five years of a child's life are the most important in terms of learning, memory, emotions and physiological responses. Foster your child’s development through these absorbing activities.
- Ensuring you maximize the intellectual growth of your child to give them the best start in life will be a whole lot easier with The Nursery and Reception Activity Book at your side.
About the author:
Eleanor de Bruin is an expert in Early Years Education and mother to a two-year-old boy. When she’s not busy dreaming up engrossing games and songs that turn learning into an absolute joy, Eleanor finds time for the odd bit of writing, and also works as a librarian. She used to work for Scholastic as the assistant editor of their Nursery Education magazine.
“My son and I loved picking out activities, especially the dinosaur hunt which was a big hit! The instructions were really clear and the illustrations were fun to look at and set the tone for each topic. I'm sure we'll use these activities over and again and they'll be a lifesaver during school holidays!”
- Louisa Burton, mum to three-year-old Luke.
"A really excellent resource for parents that works hand in hand with the Early Years curriculum. You will find countless ideas to suit the interests and abilities of your child and make parenting even more fun, focussed and fulfilling. "
- Niki Jackson, Foundation Stage Leader, Hertfordshire.