Before 2016, some schools set optional SATs in Years 3, 4 and 5 to help measure children's progress. From 2016, the SATs system is changing to reflect the new National Curriculum. These past papers are the 'old-style' optional SATs, but can still be used at home to prepare your child for end-of-year tests.
This pack includes:
- Y4 SATs English 2003 Reading booklet: Feet First
- Reading answer booklet: Feet First
- Y4 SATs English 2003 Reading booklet: Legs' Race
- Reading answer booklet: Legs' Race
- Shorter writing task: What might have happened?
- Longer writing task: How fit are you?
- Reading test mark scheme
- Writing mark scheme
All the papers and marking materials have been merged into one easy download.
Official SATs in Y2 and Y6
For parents' information, advice and past papers for KS1 SATs (taken in Y2) and KS2 SATs (taken in Y6), as well as the old Level 6 SATs that were taken by the most able children in KS2, go to:
Download Y4 SATs maths optional past papers
The 2003 optional Y4 maths SATs paper is also available to download.