Order this amazing resource bundle today to get hold of an amazing collection of ready-to-use games, resources and step-by-step guidance so you can help your child quickly master every phonics skill – without them feeling that it’s too difficult, too confusing or too boring.
Included in the bundle:
- Teach your child phonics (eBook)
- Phonics games (PDF pack)
Teach your child phonics is a reference guide and home-teaching kit which will help you understand exactly what phonics skills your child is expected to have mastered by the end of KS1. Download your copy today and you'll discover:
- The vocabulary/terminology your child is being taught at school, so you can refer to the same concepts at home.
- An explanation of the methods they use in the classroom so you don’t end up doing more harm than good by trying to teach them in a different way.
- Why it is so important to support your child's reading at home and how phonics can help them learn to read in a stress-free, enjoyable way.
The Phonics games pack offers 10 games and activities to choose from. Everything you need to start playing, from instructions to game boards and a sound die, is included in your download – print off your bingo counters, sharpen your pencils and have some fun! The Phonics games pack includes the following games:
- Saying it slow Encourages your child to blend segmented sounds.
- Tricky word bingo Helps your child identify and read tricky words.
- Sound snap The fun way to practise vowel vowel digraphs and split digraphs.
- Sound memory Play with sounds to help your child revise the ones they know well and practise those they find trickier.
- My very first crossword A grown-up game for newly confident readers and writers!
- Nonsense names! Help your child use their phonics knowledge to make up wonderful-sounding names.
- Roll the sound die Using the sounds they have learnt, can your child try spelling some simple words?
- Matching blends A game to cement your child's understanding of common two-letter blends found at the beginning of words.
- Lucky dip Can your child write some (real!) words using the lucky dip sound cards?
- Crazy bingo Nonsense words don't mean anything – but you can still read them using phonics decoding skills! Help your child practise with this game.