Teach your child grammar
Help support your child's English learning at home with a practical, targeted eBook. Grammar topics covered include word classes (nouns, verbs, adjectives and adverbs), verb tenses, clauses, subject and object and active and passive voice. As well as parents' notes on the theory your eBook contains lots of practical activities and games to help your child practise what they're learning at home.
Teach your child grammar is a reference guide and home-teaching kit which will help you understand exactly what grammar skills your child is expected to have mastered in each year of the primary school curriculum.
Primary school teacher and author Dr Chris Reall has compiled advice, tips and activities to ensure that you have the right information at your fingertips so you can quickly make sure your child has fully grasped and achieved each and every skill for their correct year group and using the same methods that they are taught (rather than confusing them with the one you were taught at school!). You'll be able to print off highly targeted and child-friendly fun worksheets to help them master each of the essential skills as they progress through school – in effective, five-minute sessions.
In Teach your child grammar, you’ll discover:
- The vocabulary/terminology your child is being taught at school, so you can use the same concepts at home.
- An explanation of the methods they’re taught to use so you don’t end up doing more harm than good by trying to teach them in a different way.
- Why it is so important to talk to your child about their learning so you can ensure they understand grammar rules, the reasons for them and how to apply them.
- What children are taught
- Key grammar vocabulary
- Some general tips to help your child
Worksheets and games
- Grammar in Reception
- Grammar in Y1
- Grammar in Y2
- Grammar in Y3
- Grammar in Y4
- Grammar in Y5
- Grammar in Y6
- Worksheet and activity answers