Help support your child's English learning at home with a practical, targeted eBook. Punctuation topics covered include apostrophe use, writing direct speech and the use of punctuation marks including brackets, exclamation marks, hyphens, semi-colons and question marks. As well as parents' notes on the theory your eBook contains lots of practical activities and games to help your child practise what they're learning at home.
Teach your child punctuation is a reference guide and home-teaching kit which will help you understand exactly what punctuation skills your child is expected to have mastered in each year of the primary school curriculum.
Primary school teacher and parent Alice Hart has compiled information, tips and activities to ensure that you have the right information at your fingertips so you can quickly make sure your child has fully grasped and achieved each and every skill for their correct year group and using the same methods that they are taught (rather than confusing them with the one you were taught at school!). You'll be able to print off highly targeted and child-friendly fun worksheets to help them master each of the essential skills as they progress through school – in fun, five-minute sessions.
In Teach your child punctuation, you’ll discover:
- The vocabulary/terminology your child is being taught at school, so you can use the same concepts at home.
- An explanation of the methods they’re taught to use so you don’t end up doing more harm than good by trying to teach them in a different way.
- Why it is so important to talk to your child about their learning so you can ensure they understand punctuation rules, the reasons for them and how to apply them.
- What children are taught
- Key punctuation vocabulary
- Some general tips to help your child
Worksheets and games
- Punctuation in Reception
- Punctuation in Y1
- Punctuation in Y2
- Punctuation in Y3
- Punctuation in Y4
- Punctuation in Y5
- Punctuation in Y6
- Worksheet answers