Help support your child's Year 3 maths learning at home with a practical, targeted eBook. Maths topics covered include counting in multiples of 4, 8, 50 and 100, adding and subtrating three-digit numbers using the column method, using multiplication and division facts for the 3, 4 and 8 times tables, recognising equivalent fractions and telling the time from a 24-hour clock. As well as parents' notes on the theory your eBook contains lots of practical activities and games to help your child practise what they're learning at home.
Teach your Year 3 maths is a reference guide and home-teaching kit which will help you understand exactly what maths skills your child is expected to have mastered in Year 3.
Primary school teacher and parent Alice Hart has prepared a mixture of information, tips and activities to ensure that you have the right facts at your fingertips to check your child has fully grasped and achieved each and every Y3 maths skill, using the same methods that they are taught (rather than confusing them with the ones you learned at school!). You'll be able to print off highly targeted worksheets to help them master the essential techniques as they progress through the school year.
In Teach your child Year 3 maths, you’ll discover:
- The vocabulary/terminology your child is being taught at school, so you can refer to the same concepts at home.
- An explanation of the methods they use in the classroom so you don’t end up doing more harm than good by trying to teach them in a different way.
- Why it is so important to talk to your child about their learning so you can ensure they understand maths methods and how to apply them.
- What children are taught in Year 3 maths
- Key Year 3 maths vocabulary
- General tips to help your child
Year 3 maths topics and practice activities
- Number and place value
- Fractions, decimals and percentages
- Worksheet answers