Optional SATs papers: Y5 maths set A
Until 2016, optional SATs were taken by children in some schools in Years 3, 4 and 5 and were used by teachers to assess children's progress at the end of the school year. Only a very limited number of official optional SATs papers were available to parents for Year 3, Year 4 and Year 5 English and maths (you can download them for free from TheSchoolRun), so we commissioned our own 'mock' papers.
In 2016, new SATs exams were introduced to reflect the new National Curriculum. These mock papers are based on the 'old-style' optional SATs, used up to and including 2015, but will still offer your child extra practice and revision opportunities.
Year 5 maths optional SATs, set A includes:
- Y5 maths SATs practice set A: mental maths test
- Mental maths pupil answer sheet
- Mental maths test transcript for the parent to read
- Y5 maths SATs set A: paper 1 (to be completed without a calculator)
- Y5 maths SATs set A: paper 2 (to be completed with a calculator)
- Answers and mark scheme
All the papers and marking materials have been merged into one easy download.
Children should be given 45 minutes to complete practice paper 1 and 45 minutes to complete practice paper 2.
Official SATs in KS1 and KS2
You'll find answers to all your questions about SATs in Year 2 in Your KS1 SATs questions answered.
To download Year 6 official SATs papers, read about how the Y6 tests are changing and find timetable details read our information about KS2 SATs.
Download more Y5 maths optional SATs papers
DOWNLOAD THIS RESOURCE INSTANTLY
with a 14-day FREE trial!
- Thousands of English, maths & science printable and interactive resources
- Weekly learning plan for your child
- Downloadable learning packs & workbooks