Is your child in Nursery or Reception? If so, TheSchoolRun has designed a book bundle just for you and your child that will ensure you have all the support and educational resources you need to at the start of your child's educational journey.
What you will receive in your bundle:
- The Nursery and Reception Activity Book (eBook)
- The Parents' Guide to Primary School (eBook)
- Teach your child phonics (eBook)
WAS: £18.97 NOW: £9.49 50% OFF
The Parents' Guide to Primary School
Starting school can be as exciting for parents as it is for their children. The Parents' Guide to Primary School aims to answer the questions that you might ask about your child’s time in primary school. Covering each year from Reception to the final Year 6, this eBook guides parents through questions and issues such as:
- What is circletime?
- What are the Early Years Foundation Stage and Key Stages?
- How are SATs tested?
- What subjects are taught and how?
- Special Educational Needs policy
...and so much more. This eBook is every parent’s indispensable guide to managing the first years at school. You’ll refer to it time and again for useful information for new starters, as well as how to tackle issues, what all the jargon means and how to get help for special needs children and manage your child’s wellbeing.
The Nursery and Reception Activity Book
The Nursery and Reception Activity eBook is a beautifully illustrated guide linked to early learning goals for children under five. With fun and familiar themes divided into six activities per section, this eBook puts the fun into learning from the word go.
Each activity is short to keep your child engaged, and so you can limit your time investment to just as long as you have. And when it comes to fun activities such as becoming a dinosaur hunter, making collages or creating a textured farmyard picture, all the things you will need are items that you probably already have at home.
With easy-to-follow instructions, a clear description of the areas of learning and development along with age groups for attainment, your child will love learning while they play. Plus, complementing the activities are templates for writing postcards, mini board games, cut outs, activity sheets and many more hands-on things to do, discuss and explore. Author Eleanor de Bruin is an Early Years Education expert and former editor of Nursery Education magazine.
Teach your child phonics
Teach your child phonics is a reference guide and home-teaching kit which will help you understand exactly what phonics skills your child is expected to have mastered by the end of KS1.
In Teach your child phonics eBook, you’ll discover:
- The vocabulary/terminology your child is being taught at school, so you can refer to the same concepts at home.
- An explanation of the methods they use in the classroom so you don’t end up doing more harm than good by trying to teach them in a different way.
- Why it is so important to support your child's reading at home and how phonics can help them learn to read in a stress-free, enjoyable way.